Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cozy in gowns on the way to the "Cozy Corner".

Last Saturday late afternoon while walking around my village I spotted interesting looking group of people-all women were dressed alike in raspberry strapless gowns, silver hi heels sandals and matching little fabric purses-quite the outfit..Men wore white shirts with vest suit and tie.
They were running around 2ND avenue buying alcohol and ice (the whole block could hear their conversations).
Picturesque crowd came by the bus, which was parked alongside 2ND avenue - apparently it was a wedding-i didn't have a chance to see the bride, so maybe they were on their way to the wedding ceremony, or after, or INSTEAD of the ceremony???
The dresses weren't that comfortable...the ladies had constantly to pull them up and the sound of heels on asphalt reminded me of the horse ride...As I passed them by, for a moment i was sucked in their energy cloud of heavy perfume, loud talk and cigarette smoke, i felt strange excitement running through my body.
So I grabbed my camera and took this photo...As I observed it later-I noticed that the name of the store they're going to is "Cozy Corner".
I caught myself thinking that wish I had that raspberry strapless gown on too, that I wouldn't even mind to twitch it every second to keep it in place and wear pair of terribly sounded sandals -a cigarette stuck to the corner of my mouse... That then I will stop feeling completely OUT of place and lost...And maybe, just maybe I would feel cozy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment