Thursday, February 19, 2009

The curious things, phrases, objects and thoughts I came across in my village for last 2 weeks. Part 1.


I was on my way home by foot, after visiting a friend of mine, who lives on Central Park South-It was around 10pm- when I saw something with the corner of my eye, that made me stop and take a closer look …

This is window of Calvin Kline store on Madison… The submissive pose of a man’s figure is placed towards woman’s figure back-both impeccably dressed - he’s on his knees and without doubt she is aware of it, but she doesn’t show, if she cares or not….this two looked real , on top of that: they’re comfortable with each other in this position-just like it shouldn’t be any other way around. …. The shadows of both figures made it even more realistic…



I found it intriguing, especially because it was staged before Valentine’s Day – I am not a big fan of this, how I should put it: holiday.

Although there’s no indication of Valentine’s decoration in the window, but I felt like it could be a mocking tribute to the upcoming madness of fake proclamations of love and friendship that was just about to be purred on our heads.

Then I realized - I actually found it appealing…-What was the visual artist’s point of view?? What do you think? Open up! Spill your thoughts, everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment